GRADUATION CEREMONY OF SIGNALING & COMMUNICATIONS TRAIN-THE-TRAINER PROGRAMME
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT SIGNING CEREMONY BETWEEN
KTMB & IGTC WITH TECHNOLOGY DEPOSITORY AGENCY (TDA)
MR WAN ASRAF WAN SALLEH, UNDERSECRETARY, DEFENCE INDUSTRY DIVISION, MINDEF
20 December 2017 | MALAYSIA RAILWAY ACADEMY (MyRA), BATU GAJAH
YANG BERBAHAGIA DATO’ ZAILANI SAFARI, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TDA
YANG BERBAHAGIA DATUK IR KAMARULZAMAN ZAINAL, BOARD OF DIRECTOR KTMB
YANG BERBAHAGIA ENCIK MOHD RANI HISHAM SAMSUDIN, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, KTMB
MR THOMAS PISTRE, COUNTRY DIRECTOR, THALES
YANG BERUSAHA MR AZMIL FAHMY ABDUL WAHAB, OFFSET COORDINATION AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER UNIT
GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT DIVISION, MOF
Dato’-Dato’, distinguished guests, senior management and officers from respective ministries, agencies and private sectors.
Members of Media
Ladies and Gentlemen
Assalamualaikum w.r.b.t., Salam 1Malaysia and warm greetings.
- It is an honor for me to join you today, and I would like to thank the organizer for having me in this very exceptional event. I am pleased to see the rail industry stakeholders here, KTM Berhad, TDA and Thales gathering in this very remarkable event, as highlighted by YBhg. Dato’ Zailani Safari, CEO of TDA as one of the success stories in the history of ICP implementation in Malaysia.
- I am also pleased to acknowledge that this event is to mark the knowledge spin-off by indirect ICP which was triggered from the procurement of Armored Vehicle 8×8 (AV-8) by the Government of Malaysia for Ministry of Defense; which was formally initiated in 2014. Thanks to the Industrial Collaboration Program (ICP), this Train-The-Trainer programme (TTT) for Advanced Signaling and Communications and many more high-value outputs and outcome that have been generated and benefiting our country from economic and socio-economic perspectives.
Ladies and Gentlemen
- The implementation of the then Offset program by TDA, which is now called ICP, have managed to bring back the ‘value-for-money’ to the Government of Malaysia. The programme has later been made as a policy which applicable to every Government procurement whichever that exceed the threshold value and this applied to the procurement by the government including Ministry of Defense – MINDEF
- The government has allocated a large portion of the spending for MINDEF each year. And this ICP is set to maximised the undiscovered potential of the country’s procurement.
- Through the indirect ICP from MINDEF procument, it is delightful to note that the programme succeeds to provide vast opportunities for collaboration with the developing country in their respective area of experts.
- As for example, today we will see the graduation of 10 participants for the Train-the-Trainer Program for Signalling and communication. And I was made to understand that the participants are the selected staff; lecturer, trainer, engineer, technician from KTMB, Prasarana, Politeknik, Kolej Kommuniti, UniKL and KISMEC.
Ladies and Gentlemen
- I sincerely hope that TDA and Defence Industry Division- DID of MINDEF, together able to further facilitate the continued growth of the industry in Malaysia.
- I must applaud my colleagues from MOF and TDA for leading this initiative. It has been a quite instrumental policy tool in ensuring greater economic contribution to the country. The ICP also complementing the various Government’s policies and incentives in making Malaysia as a conducive place to do business and greater market expansion, domestically and regionally. In essence, we can be assured that for every Ringgit Malaysia we spent on Government procurement, the country is getting back in the form of technology transfer, human capital development and even quality investment.
- In conclusion, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to TDA for this Offset deliverable that will certainly benefiting the industry; and as for this program, the rail industry in specific. I would like also to congratulate MOF, TDA, KTMB and Thales for this initiative and hoping for more impactful ICP programmes to come in huge way.
Thank you very much.