MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN TDA AND UNIKL MIMET ON ASIAN MARINE DESIGN CENTRE (AMDeC)
DATO’ ZAILANI SAFARI, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TDA
21 May 2018 | Senate Meeting Room, Level 29, UniKL City Campus, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL
Yang Berbahagia Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mazliham Mohd Su’ud, President and Chief Executive Officer, University Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)
Yang Berbahagia Prof. Dato’ Dr. Azanam Shah Hashim, Deputy President, International, Industrial & Institutional Partnership, UniKL
Professors, Lecturers, distinguished guests, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Assalamualaikum w.b.t., and good morning,
- First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Yang Berbahagia Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mazliham Mohd Su’ud and UniKL for hosting this MOA signing ceremony, another meaningful and important initiative in strengthening national shipbuilding and shiprepair industry. UniKL and TDA are no strangers. We have been partners for a few other projects under Industrial Collaboration Program (ICP).
- Technology Depository Agency (TDA) is an agency under the Ministry of Finance Malaysia (MOF), mandated as the implementer of Industrial Collaboration Programme (ICP)Policy and Guidelines.
- The ICP implementation is intended to complement various Government policies and incentives in making Malaysia as a conducive place to do business and greater market expansion, domestically and regionally. In essence, we could be assured that for every Ringgit Malaysia we spent on Government procurement, the country is getting back more value in the form of technology transfer, human capital development and local companies’ enhancement to the next level.
Ladies and gentlemen,
- In August 2016, TDA and UniKL signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on human resource development, supply chain and technology management focused on the rail, maritime, aerospace and automotive. To-date, TDA has worked with several UniKL branches such as UniKL MIMET, UniKL IPROM and UniKL MIAT.
- Currently, TDA and UniKL MIMET are working to develop the first marine design center in Malaysia that will be called the ‘Asia Marine Design Center’ (AMDeC). Congratulations and thank you to UniKL for proactively ensuring the success of this initiative including by providing financial allocation, facilities and manpower.This is aligned with the government’s desire to not only seek industry development driven by the industry, but also driven by the learning institutions.
- TDA will make every effort to ensure that this initiative can be realized. To achieve that, we must ensure that any AMDeC requirements are met in line with projects already listed in the ICP.
Ladies and gentlemen,
- For your information, we have submitted a paper on local design requirements to the Government Procurement Division, Ministry of Finance Malaysia (MOF).
- Based on our presentation to MOF, we found that MOF has basically agreed with the establishment of AMDeC. However, we need to refine some matters pertaining to AMDeC’s management, finance and framework. This is to ensure that all stakeholders will fully benefit and the goals of AMDeC are achievable.
- The agreement we are signing today shows the commitment of both TDA and UniKL MIMET. The Technical Committee comprises of representatives from TDA and UniKL MIMET must play equal role to promote AMDeC and obtain continuous support from the parties involved in the acquisition and industry itself.
- I am very pleased to know that AMDeC is hosting its first symposium InsyaAllah by end of this year.Together we will make this event a success.
Ladies and Gentlemen
- May I take this opportunity again to express my deepest appreciation to Dato’ Dr. Mazlihamand UniKL MIMET for hosting this ceremony. We are truly glad undertaking this ICP mandate knowing to have full supports from all of you. I would like also to congratulate my TDA team and UniKL team whom are working hard in ensuring the successful of the collaboration.
Thank you very much.