TDA is committed to conduct a business in an ethical and honest manner, and is committed to implement and enforcing systems that ensure bribery and corruption are prevented. TDA has zero-tolerance for bribery and corrupt activities.
TDA will :
- act professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships;
- not give or offer any money, gift, hospitality or other advantage to any person carrying out a task, business or public role, or to a third party associated with that person to get them to do something improper;
- not allow employees to accept money, gift, hospitality and other advantage from business associates, existing or potential recipients, or service providers which are intended to influence a business decision or transaction in improper way;
- upholding all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in Malaysia and each of the jurisdictions which it operates;
- encourage employees and others to report attempted or actual bribery or corruption of which they are aware to the Compliance Officer;
- prohibit retaliatory action against any person who raises a concern in good faith. The identity of a person filing a report will be treated as confidential to the extent possible, and only revealed on a need-to-know basis or as required by law or court order; and
- maintain an effective anti-bribery management system and continually improve the system by regular reviews on the current implementation and practices.
This Anti-Bribery Policy Statement shall form the basis from which specific Anti-Bribery objectives are developed.
Non-compliance with the policy may result criminal or civil penalties which will vary according to the offence. An employee acting in contravention of the policy will also face disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.