السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُه
As 2018 draws to a close, it is time to reflect 2018 and welcome 2019.
2018 was quite a year for all of us at TDA. We have been through many developments, in sometimes less than favourable circumstances. However, we shall comprehend an occurrence from many angles, and absorb the positives and repel the negatives.
TDA has started the year 2018 with the handover of a 4-car train of Ampang Line LRV Car Units (ADTRANZ) and 4 pieces of 18 metres railway track to University Kuala Lumpur (UniKL). This ICP project was triggered from the procurement of 30 sets of LRV Ampang Line for Prasarana. ADTRANZ project is valued at RM1.56 million and worth about RM6.24 million of ICV, while the track work project is valued at RM117k and worth about RM297k of ICV. This project contributed to UniKL as a stepping stone for them in developing their own railway training programme and expertise, as par as industry quality.
As an organization, TDA has achieved ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification in 2018, reflecting the organization’s long-term serious commitment to take information security and protecting all data. Not only does this certification requires demonstrable evidence of continual security system and practice improvement, this is more than just technical and showcases that we at TDA are educated regarding information security best practices. This is the second recognition achieved by TDA after the certification of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) received in 2017. In addition, TDA is planning to obtain ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management System Certification to strengthen the governance in managing the ICP mandate.
Not to forget the GE14. The people have sent their messages to the political masters. The outcomes have directly and indirectly affected the operations of companies in particular those whom the Government has their stakes in. There was no exception to TDA in particular in operations that involves direct Government Procurements. Nevertheless, with support from the Ministry of Finance, TDA continued to carry the mandate entrusted i.e. to manage and monitor the ICP implementation in Malaysia.
Internationally, TDA has strengthen its global presence by hosting the 2ndand 3rdKnowledge Sharing Session (KSS) for Government Offset Leaders in conjunction with GOCA bi-annual Conferences. TDA also has supported the neighboring nations such as the Philippines and the Sultanate of Oman, in developing the offset/ICP implementation in their countries. We are looking forward to more collaborations with both countries, and more, in 2019.
In 2019, we are embarking to the third phase of TDA Corporate Plan i.e. to pursue our long-term vision to be globally recognized organization and financially sustainable. In doing so I would like to suggest the followings for TDA citizens:
- focus on creativity and optimize the added value to help us to continue growing in a fast-changing environment (continual improvement);
- raise individual productivity as well as ensure that we’re all looking in the same direction to maximize collective results for TDA and the country (consorted efforts and quality of works);
- maximize the corporate values we embrace while promoting work style reform, without being constrained by conventional ideas (DA’IS);
- review the way we do work from scratch and focus on high-priority tasks to maximize the value of what we do (muhasabah and prioritization);
- Rather than spending too much time on planning and reporting, devote more time to action and improvement (actions speak louder);
- Fill our workplace with positive energy with forward-looking endeavors. Achieving sustainable growth will ensure that TDA to be an organisation in which we can all take pride. We need to create workplaces where all employees can work safely, happily, healthfully and actively.
It may sounds like a very big challenge indeed. However, we must be sensitive that the world around us is changing rapidly including the economies, industries and societies. But, with imagination, vision and determination, it can and will happen.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our stakeholders – ministries, government agencies, OEMs, procuring agencies, ICP recipients, suppliers and partners – for their continuous support and dedication. We couldn’t have been where we are now without such a tremendous level of endorsement from all of you. I also would like to thank the team at TDA for all the hard work and incredible levels of enthusiasm ensuring that our country and the local industries get the best from us.
Wishing everybody a peaceful holiday season and a happy, healthy and successful 2019!
At TDA, we TRIGGER, we DEVELOP and we ACHIEVE.